Pages

Monday 15 June 2009

Twittbot

Has anyone managed to get Twittbot to work? I'd like to use it for the Student Development Twitter account but I just can't get past stage 2 of the 3 stage set up process. I blogged a while ago about wanting to use Twitter for Student Development but since then I've been, at best, sporadic in my use of the account. I'm aware that I need to use it for conversation, rather than merely a broadcast channel, but in order for that to happen I need to get other people involved in using it. I found Twittbott via this post from Mashable. It sounds like just the kind of thing I need because it says:
It's the first bit I want - allowing multiple people to publish to a single Twitter account, but when I try and sign up I get this error message.
There's just no way I have the time to generate presence on the Student Development Twitter account on my own, I need colleagues to help. In order for that to happen I need to:

  • Persuade them that Twitter is a good channel for supporting students
  • Find an easy way of multiple people using one account


If you have any advice on either of these, or can point me to any good institutional/multiuser examples, I'd be very pleased to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. [...] been thinking a lot about the Student Development Twitter account. I posted a few weeks back about using Twittbott to allow multiple people to tweet to one account, but it doesn’t work (or at least I [...]

    ReplyDelete