Pages

Monday 16 August 2010

Acting up

Today I start 'acting up' as Head of Student Development. Maria Graal, the previous Head of Student Development, has left for Bangor University to be their Director of Student Experience. She's going to be a tough act to follow but I'm looking forward to working with a great team. There's going to be a review of Student Development's activities starting in September which will report in December. We hope to be able to show the review panel what a great job we do, as well as receive some useful suggestions. I guess I'll be acting up (it's a great phrase, isn't it?) until at least Easter, and then who knows...

So if you have any tips or suggestions about managing a big team, strategic planning, dealing with budgets and anything acting up related, I'd be very pleased to hear them.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Stu! Hope that it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I'm sure you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] month acting-up-iversary. Six months since I started my role as Acting Head of Student Development (I blogged about the start of it here). So, some quick [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] today is my 12 month acting-up-ivesary. I reflected on the start of it here and the six month-er here. In many ways not much has changed since the six month mark, in other [...]

    ReplyDelete